Monday, October 13, 2008

THE THINGS I SEE


When I am out and about I see all manner of interesting things. My main reason for going out and about is to look for birds of course but that quest will often bring other rewards. These rewards come in the shape of butterflies, dragonflies, flowers, reptiles and mammals. Now this is just a general listing as I am known to photograph just about anything that catches my interest and stands still long enough to let me take it's picture as you will find out if you follow this blog.
Basically I just love being outside and enjoying the fresh air and the balmy Florida breezes. There always seems to be a breeze here although in the summer it is best to hide from that hot afternoon sun. I try to get out early and get the good morning light but it doesn’t always work that way in the long run. I tend to stay away from late afternoon forays as the traffic here gets pretty heavy by then and I hate traffic. It ruins the peace and serenity I found while out and about.

Below you will discover a few of my favorite subjects with a brief description of what they are and where I photographed them.

The Photos above include a beautiful Banana Tree in Flower, An alligator photographed at Flamingo Gardens and no it is not in the wild but I just liked the effect of the shadows in the water. The wonderful Buckeye Butterfly was photographed at Anne Kolb Park. The Racoon was enjoying a feast that some well intentioned person had left behind for the wildlife. Guess they just don't realize what harm they are in fact causing.

A beautiful Banded Dragonfly photographed at Anne Kolb Park
A close-up of White Ibis Photographed at TY Park.
An Iguana catching a few rays at Flamingo Gardens
A Silk Spider photographed at Holland Park

No comments: