Sunday, October 19, 2008

Other Amazing Places

As I said in the beginning, not everywhere I go to bird is in Broward County. One or actually two of my favorite places are in Palm Beach. Delray to be exact! Wakodahatchee and Green Cay are absolutely wonderful places to go. There is so much activity at these two places it is unbelievable. I used to spend more time there then I do today but that is because I have been spending my time in search or Broward’s Birds. Also on this coast but a lot further north is Merritt Island. If I had a choice today on where I could go to live it might be in that area. Might??? Who am I kidding would move there in a hot minute. I fell in love with that place years ago when I was traveling around Florida for the company I was working for at the time. They get different birds there then we see down at this end on this side of the state at least. I took a friend with me last time I went and she is not exactly a birder but when we drove around the bend and the water was filled with pink birds she suddenly became interested. But that was the extent of her interest. She was not interested in scouring through every cluster of ducks to see what else might be there. She did however enjoy the gift shop……….smile.......so did I.....bigger smile. Now on the west coast I love the Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary and Sanibel Island’s J.N. “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Sanctuary. Both are amazing places. I certainly must get over there this year if possible. It has been a long, long time since I have been to either place, and longer since I have been to the Everglades. Time for a Florida West Coast Trip! Wonder if old Bessie is up to it? Of course there are more places that I go to and tons more that I would like to visit but there is so little space and so many good birding places. I hope once I get a new car I will get out and about to more places in particular the places I haven’t been yet. I will as I go along feature each and every birding space but for now I will just tease you with bits and pieces. Enjoy!!!!! And Good Birding to each and everyone!










No comments: